HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
The HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer can face a few issues from time to time. The added feature of HP Printers is the ability to troubleshoot in a matter of minutes. Some of the common issues the HP Printer would face is the printer not printing, driver installation issue and printer being unable to connect to the wifi.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver is unavailable
On using an HP printer or any branded printer, you might face a driver unavailable issue. But, this error is easy to HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver is unavailable with the set of steps given below:
- Download HP Easy Start Software and move to the HP Easy Start driver folder.
- Open the software and tap on the scan now icon and click on the update menu.
- Now, power off your HP Oj Pro printer, Windows or MAC PC, and router.
- Disconnect the USB cable and wait for 10 seconds to continue.
- Now, turn on your HP Oj Pro printer and the Windows or MAC PC.
- Next, activate your router and check if the HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver software is reliable.
- Still, have you facing hp Officejet Pro 8740 troubleshooting issues and then contact our support team.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer will not connect to a wireless network
It is one of the issues that HP Officejet Pro 8740 printers not connecting to wifi. You need not worry as this issue is easy to troubleshoot. Get along with the steps and fix the printer problem at ease:
- Go to the printer panel and tap on the network settings menu.
- Open the wireless setup wizard, where you will see a list of Wi-Fi available.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network and get along with the Wi-Fi setup steps.
- Now, click on the add network menu and enter the network name.
- Also, enter the network password and continue with the steps prompted.
- Once, the device and connected to wifi and complete the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wifi Setup process.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer offline error
Follow the steps below to fix the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer offline error and get your printer online:
- Reboot your Windows or MAC PC, HP Oj Pro printer, and router.
- Now, check if your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer is online or offline to continue.
- Get along with the further steps to fix the HP Oj Pro printer offline error.
- Go to the device settings menu and tap on your printer model.
- Now, right-click on your printer model and click on the use printer online menu.
- Your printer will now turn online and print files in no time.
- Also, clear all the ongoing print jobs and double-tap on your printer model.
- Choose the printer menu and cancel all the print documents listed on-screen.
- Now, switch on your printer and check if there are no paper jams.
- Also, check if the USB cable is reliable and without any connectivity errors.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer not working
If your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer is not printing or working, then follow the steps. These troubleshooting steps will help you in recovering your printer:
- Switch on your PC and go to the control panel of your computer.
- Choose the devices and printers menu and tap on your HP Oj Pro printer model.
- Click on set as default menu and uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver from your PC.
- Now, find a compatible driver for your PC and download the driver files.
- Install the driver and connect your PC and printer to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now, print a test document and check if your printer is printing with no hassles.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer won’t scan
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer always provides quality scanning. But, at times, you might face a scanning error. Need not worry! Follow the steps listed below and fix the hp Officejet Pro 8740 printer won’t connect to wifi scanning error of your printer:
- Switch off your HP Oj Pro printer and remove the USB cable from your printer.
- Stop the ongoing activities and turn off your Windows or MAC PC.
- Also, disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
- Now, switch on your Oj Pro printer and complete all the printer display settings.
- Connect your printer to the wall outlet using an error-free USB cable.
- Now, switch on your PC and connect it to the HP Oj Pro 8740 printer.
- Choose a file to scan and check if the scanning process is without any HP Officejet Pro 8740 troubleshooting errors.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer won’t print
At times, your HP Officejet Pro 8740 might not print and show printing issues. In this case, follow the steps given below and fix the printing issues at ease:
- Look at whether the print tray has enough papers and is ready to print.
- Check whether there are no paper jams in the printer tray.
- Remove any paper jams and check if the ink cartridges are not empty.
- If the toner or ink cartridge is empty, then replace it with a new one.
- Now, go to the control panel and access the devices and printers menu.
- Find your HP Oj Pro printer model and right-click on it to continue.
- Click on see what is printing menu and tap on the printer menu.
- Cancel all the print documents and assign new print jobs to your printer.